International Services

International Services

At Dixcart Legal we provide practical, commercial advice and a range of international services to businesses trading in to and out of the UK, and to overseas clients seeking to move to the UK, whether by setting up a new company in the UK or acquiring an established UK business.

Businesses considering opening a subsidiary in the UK need to think about:

  • Company formation – incorporating the UK company.
  • Corporate group structuring – what are the legal, accountancy and tax ramifications of the proposed structures?
  • Corporate secretarial services – to ensure that the new company is compliant.
  • The provision of directors – UK companies require at least one director.
  • Immigration – will it hire locally or will it send someone to the UK to set up the business?
  • Employment – all businesses need employment contracts, directors’ service agreements and handbooks, together with any ad hoc advice on dealing with employee issues.
  • Commercial premises – where will the company be based? Do you need serviced offices or are you going to lease or buy your own commercial property?
  • Tax – what are the requirements of an incorporated company? What are the international tax issues for the foreign parent company to consider? Do any of the employees being sent over to set up the business require international tax advice before they arrive in the UK?
  • Accountancy – bookkeeping, monthly management accounts, annual accounts, VAT returns, etc.
  • Payroll – how will the employees of the UK subsidiary be paid?

At Dixcart UK we can assist with all of these requirements. We are One Team, so you only have that conversation once. Dixcart Legal’s solicitors work closely with the tax advisers of the Dixcart UK team to ensure that the tax aspects of an international move can be considered at the same time as the legal matters that need to be put into place. Dixcart UK accountants can deal with all accountancy requirements including running a UK payroll. .

Whilst the lawyers, accountants, tax and immigration advisers work together on many matters it is important to note that the solicitors are regulated by the SRA, our immigration adviser is regulated by the OISC and the accountants and tax advisers are regulated by the ICEAW. 

If you want to chat through an international business matter please contact Ben Habershon.